#2 Reading Response Journal Entry

The book I finished is named James and the Giant Peach by Raold Dahl. This book made me feel sorry for James because in the beginning his mother and father dies. It also made me feel sorry for him because he had to live with his mean aunties who don't treat James right. one connection about this book to another book called The BFG. They have a connection because James was really brave to go on a big adventure on a big peach with insects the size as him! And in the BFG a little girl Sophie was really brave to be taken away by a giant and enters into a world of big giants who eat people. This connection helped me learn reading more because now I get the book more because knowing you're life and knowing that in the book is the same. This a just right book for me because I can understand what problem is happening and I can follow along with the story.

James changed during the story because in the beginning he was poor, lonely and didn't have much fun things around that he could do. But when he finds the enormous peach and huge insects who turn out to be friendly, he becomes more happy and excited. I guess that he changed because they went through a lot fun adventures.

The solution was solved when the huge insects and James land in America and introduced him self to America. Then he becomes rich and all the huge insects have jobs and one even gets married to a human! After everyone eats the whole peach, all there is left is the big brown pit. So he lives in the pit and at the park where all children come and play with James. The one thing that I would like to change in this story is in the end instead of living on his own he finds a pair of parents looking for a child and finds James. So then they lived in the peach ch pit and makes it really cool inside of the pit. I think the author's message is follow what you have dreamed of instead of staying in a uncomfortable spot to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment